how it works
Partner organizations identify and propose a business challenge they care about.
The d.leadership teaching team works with the organization to narrow the scope of the project.
Org applications are evaluated and based on student interest, a small cohort (typically 10) are selected to participate.
Admitted orgs are assigned a d.leader duo to work with them over the course of the winter quarter.
Orgs commit a small, in-tact team of 3-7 people.
d.leaders complete weekly assignments based on your challenge with these key design principles in mind:
- Design for the customer: cultivate, create, and assess strong customer insights and customer-facing prototypes, as well as assess the impact of implementation.
- Design for the team: solicit and incorporate feedback from teammates, as well as understand and leverage (or circumvent, as the case may be) capabilities and constraints of your organization.
- Design for the future: establish a team and cause that cultivates future innovation beyond the d.leadership partnership.
Each org will meet twice a week with their d.leaders for a work session (Friday morning and one other agreed time that week). Orgs will also need to reserve a few extra hours each week for related work without their d.leaders.
Orgs attend three design reviews throughout the quarter on campus at the d.school where teams will share their work .
- Learn the d.school’s design thinking creative problem solving methodology
- Breakthrough customer insights and innovations
- Develop a dedicated team that has a common understanding of the design thinking tools and methodologies
- Receive process leadership and project management assistance for the duration of the partnership
- Play a meaningful role and influence in early leader development
If you still have questions, attend a d.leadership design review between January - March 2018 to see this year's innovation work and get a taste for the partnership with our students. For exact dates/times, email: email@example.com
If you're ready to partner with us, fill out this quick form and we'll get back to you shortly with feedback.
First, a few notes:
d.leadership takes place winter quarter (mid January - mid- March) and is approximately 8 weeks long. Partner orgs must commit to the weekly time engagements to participate.
A partner fee applies; discounted fee is provided for non-profits. For details please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Each Fall we accept ~10 diverse partner organizations for the winter quarter class. 2018 partnerships have been filled. Applications submitted will be for 2019 and beyond.